The New 2022 Honda Passport
The New 2022 Honda Passport boasts a generous cargo space, practical layout, driver-assistance tech, a bold front end, and better stability. The vehicle ranks among the Hyundai Palisade, Ford Bronco, and Kia Telluride.
Anyone looking for a midsize two-row SUV will find the 2022 Honda Passport a good option. Besides considerable passenger and cargo space, the car also comes with several convenience and safety features. Meanwhile, the V6 engine provides good power and acceleration.
Although the ground clearance is not as high as some of its rivals, the Honda Passport’s all-wheel-drive system ensures that it can still tackle most off-road terrain.
The new 2022 Honda Passport certainly has a unique front end when it comes to looks. The design is quite polarizing, but it will turn heads. The interior is well-crafted and features high-quality materials. Here’s an overview of this new Honda Passport 2022.
The New 2022 Honda Passport
In 2019, Honda launched the Passport SUV, and the same design continued to 2020 with no notable changes. In 2021, Honda added Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to the vehicle.
Both these features and the 8-inch touchscreen were previously optional in the Passport. However, the new 2022 Honda Passport has more features than its predecessors since it sports a refreshed exterior.
2022 Honda Passport Trim Options
Honda has discontinued the Touring and Sport Trims. Instead, the new Honda Passport now has the TrailSport trim, boasting many attractive features, such as heated front seats, power tailgate, Blind Spot Information System, roof rails, etc. Let’s take a closer look at different Honda Passport trims levels.
The EX-L trim features a V6 engine with 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft torque. It is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission. The vehicle has standard front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is optional.
This trim level comes with many driver assistance features, including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
As for entertainment, it has HondaLink, which is an 8-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The vehicle also has a Wi-Fi hotspot and 4G LTE data connection.
The EX-L trim has standard leather seats, both heated and ventilated in the front. Some features added for convenience include push-button start, sunglasses holder, cruise control, one-touch turn indicators, power door, tailgate locks, and telescopic steering column.
- Intelligent Traction Management: Due to the all-wheel-drive system, the vehicle can automatically distribute power to the wheels that need it most. Thus, the vehicle can glide smoothly over snow, sand, and mud.
- Honda Sensing: This is a suite of driver assistance features that includes things like Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and Adaptive Cruise Control.
The 2022 Honda Passport TrailSport features heated, leather-trimmed front seats and a standard 10-speed automatic transmission. The model also comes standard with Honda Sensing, which is an intelligent suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies.
Additional features include available Blind Spot Information, Cross Traffic Monitor, and Rear Parking Sensors. For those who want to take their Passport off the beaten path, the TrailSport trim offers standard all-wheel drive.
The TrailSport also has a number of convenience features, such as sliding sun visors, rear-seat heater ducts, cargo light area, lockable glove compartment, and multi-functional central console storage.
Meanwhile, the HomeLink Remote System allows you to control your garage door opener, home security system, and other compatible devices from inside your vehicle.
As for the exterior, the vehicle sports dual exhaust finishers that give it a touch of sleekness. It also has standard LED headlights, LED brake lights, a security system, and a programmable remote entry. So, if you’re looking for a vehicle that’s both stylish and capable, the Honda Passport TrailSport is an excellent option.
- All-Season Tires: The 245/60R18 105H (Rugged Design) tires are standard on Honda Passport TrailSport. They provide excellent grip in both dry and wet conditions, making them ideal for use in all seasons.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management: The standard all-wheel-drive system on TrailSport uses an advanced torque management system to distribute power. This helps improve traction and stability, especially when driving on slippery or uneven surfaces.
The new 2022 Honda Passport Elite is the most expensive of all trims, as it’s laced with features like a panoramic sunroof, heated and ventilated front seats, wireless phone charging, and a 10-speaker audio system, and more.
It also comes standard with all of the aforementioned safety tech. If you’re looking for the best of the best that the Passport has to offer, the Elite trim is it.
In some regards, the Elite has more advanced features than the other two trims. For instance, the TrailSport and EX-L only have a Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Humidity Control and Air Filtration for the first row, while the Elite also has second-row controls.
Plus, it has a heating leather-wrapped steering wheel, which is not available in the other two trims.
- Courtesy Door Lights: Unlike the other two trims, the Elite has LED lights that illuminate the ground whenever you open any of the doors, providing a touch of luxury.
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers: The Elite has Rain-Sensing windshield wipers with Heated Wiper Zone to clear snow and ice.
Bring the New 2022 Honda Passport Home
The New 2022 Honda Passport is definitely one of the best cars out there to get your hands on. Whether you want to purchase it right away or take it for a test drive, visit us at Patriot Honda. Our team will be thrilled to help you decide which trim level is best for your needs.
Prefer doing your research at home? Check out our Honda Research resources.
We appreciate your interest in our inventory, and apologize we do not have model details displaying on the website at this time. Please fill the form out below and our team will quickly respond, or, please call us at 580-227-8743 for more information.